Organising groups with Travaplan
When a group of people travel together it raises particular challenges for organisers. Travaplan has features designed to help with that process.
Here are some of our thoughts on the stages of a group trip and how we can help.
When a single person travels the process of picking flights and hotels is relatively straightforward, but groups are often more complicated because agreement needs to be reached before booking can happen.
- The ability to save a number of search results for both flights and hotels into a common area viewable by all travelers enables clearer discussion so the group can come to agreement faster.
- The ability to message other travelers in the same trip allows the discussion to happen and the fact that this messaging is unique to the trip helps reduce the amount of non-trip related chatter.
- You can click any saved tile in the Search area and see additional information about a hotel or flight offer and if that’s not enough information to make a decision you can click the “Book Now” button and it will take you through to Booking.com’s very comprehensive hotel content for further research.
- The fact the Travaplan works even when the group are all starting from different locations makes this discussion easier as well.
Mistakes are often made during the booking process because it can be very difficult to find what was agreed to when trips discussed across email or other messaging platforms like Whatsapp or Skype.
- The Trip Creator has the ability to place tiles from the saved search area into each travelers “My Trip” greatly reducing the prospect of any traveler booking the wrong item.
- Once an item in placed in “My Trip” each traveler can then simply click the tile and they will be taken directly to the booking platform with most of the booking data pre-completed. This means the potential for errors during booking is far less than conventional methods.
Itineraries and Travelling.
Often the travelers itinerary is either a word document typed by the group organizer or more likely a series of emails scattered across a very busy inbox.
- Travaplan allows you to import all airline, most of the more popular hotel sites and the major restaurant booking platform confirmation emails directly into the App. Once this is done the booking information from these emails can be allocated to the trip and the relevant individuals. This allows the organizer (or the travellers themselves) to create itineraries that are available in a single place on their mobile phones. It’s a kind of online “Travel Wallet”, a single place where all trip related items live.
- Live Itinerary takes the travel wallet concept even further because its smart enough to be able to offer you directions to an itinerary entry or selectively place them in your calendar.
- Not all confirmations or activities come with email confirmations but don’t worry we’ve also added the ability in the allocation area to manually create a wide range of items for the groups itinerary.
We’ve been organising groups for many years and we’ve worked very hard to embed our experience into the features of Travaplan. Perhaps you have ideas useful features that can be added to make the experience even better. We’d love to hear from you on our help page here